Late, as usual
2/22/2009 | Author: jefferies
Ok, so I had a busy week...and now I'm finally getting around to posting about Valentine's and my birthday.

Valentine's Day was really fun this year. It was the first year that both of my little ones really got into it. Joshua made his own hand made valentine card with a kit from the craft store. Toby thought that was very cool and when Joshua was gone at school, I helped him make some valentine cards for his friends and for our family. Another fun thing we did this year was making valentine love notes for each other on the Family Night before Valentines. We wrote a love note to each person in our family, including one to ourselves. The notes were pretty darling!


Here are some of the love notes:

We ended up having cake for my birthday the day before, since Brent had to work all day on my birthday. So the day before, we took a hike together on the Canemah Bluff in Oregon City (post a comment if you want directions) and Brent picked me up an ultra creamy cake from the Russian store. Oh yeah...I turned 31! Now I am officially a 30-something mom of 2.5 kids.


Brent with his lovely pick of a cake...

A few other awesome things that happened...Brent made breakfast for us on Valentine's Day! It was a total surprise! He made very delicious French toast with yummy apple bread and an orange sauce. Brent gave me tickets to see a concert for my birthday (Chanticleer), which is always a fun gift! On Valentine's day, I gave Brent (and the family) the entire series of Planet Earth on DVD and we sat around all evening being amazed by our planet. We had to postpone our date(s) for the week after when Brent had some more time off. More to follow...

You know what they say? Better nate than lever...
This entry was posted on 2/22/2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On February 28, 2009 at 7:01 AM , Rachel said...

Happy times! You guys are such good celebraters. That's not officially a word, but I'm making it one.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...