I snuck up on Joshua taking a little rest on a bench...and pondering the river, the Pythagorean Therom, the meaning of life, and the Universe...
Next we went looking for some playground action at the Tualatin Community Park...and boy oh boy did we find it! This playground was the favorite of all the playgrounds we have found around here!
The boys played and climbed and climbed and played for a long time, while Brent and I took turns jogging up the pedestrian path to check out the new pedestrian bridge that spans the Tualatin River and connects the Tualatin Parks and trails to the city of Tigard and amazing Cook Park. It was an awesome and serene path and bridge through the forest and over the quiet river. When I was standing on the bridge watching the water far below me, I dropped three of those daisies that Toby gave me earlier into the water. I wanted to see just how slowly the water was flowing. Now I wonder how far along the journey to the ocean they are...Anyhow, these parks and trails were what we were hoping to encounter when we decided to move to the Portland area. It is a more expensive area, but we are thinking that it would be great to move there eventually.
This picture doesn't do it justice, but it is a picture (off the internet) of the pedestrian bridge while it was still under construction.Last of all, we hit a really different kind of park in downtown Portland (in the Pearl District). It is a sqare of city block that had a steam buried underneath it for years, until the city decided to dig it up and renew the wetland. It is called Tanner Springs Park. Very cool! Once again, here is a picture of it that I found on the internet:











6 comments:
My grandparents and brother used to live in Tigard and I went there for a summer (after our freshman year!) to live there and I just loved it. SO beautiful and green. What a great place to live and explore! Seems perfect for you guys :)
As it snows outside here again, you really make me want to live there.
Hey guess what Katie??? I am going up to oregon with grandma and grandpa to visit and help you guys! I am coming up over my spring break! Can't wait!!!
Oooh, I'm jealous. I spent Saturday in bed since I felt so lousy! I'm glad you're checking out all the parks in the area though to give me the inside scoop once it gets nice and warm, and I don't feel like death!
What playground where you at in tualatin that looked way fun?
I love park days they make awesome pics! Looks like you had a good day! You should blog maps to all these fun places!!!