Easter Weekend Trip to the Coast
4/27/2009 | Author: jefferies
Hi Bloggerland! I've finally found a quick moment to sit and update the blog (well, let's be honest this is going to take a quick hour-there are a million pictures to sort through).

Brent's parents came to visit us over Easter weekend and they brought two crazy fun girls with them...Brent's sister Liz and our niece Laurel. We spent a couple of days at our place and a few days at a beach front house that Brent's dad rented for everyone (thanks!). I will just post a quick run-down of our activities through picture.

-Polar Bear Plunge:
Crazy girl Liz talked Laurel and I into going swimming in the ocean. Now, I LOVE to swim...in the summer when the water is a slightly warmer degree of cold and the air is at least 70. I can stand about an hour of the cold water. But we're talking about early April, cold, cold, cold water, cloudy, and I doubt that the air temperature was even 60. The second I touched the water I was in shock. I managed to play in waist-deep waves for about 5 minutes. But my crazy girls did some all-out body surfing for 20 minutes! (And seriously, you thought I was crazy?)
Just don't mind my 21 week pregnant belly-if you're not shy, I'm not


Liz-getting used to the water (brain freeze to the max!)


Joshua got in on the action too-he loves the water


The whole experience was just too cold for Toby. He was wading when a wave washed him down. Then he was done.

-Mo's Famous Clam Chowder
Yum!...enough said.

-Bird Guy
We found this guy on the docks next to Mo's that had day old bread and dough nuts for feeding the seagulls. He was kind enough to let the kids participate...and boy were they ever happy about that! There are some serious action shots of Toby here...

Great shot of Laurel feeding a gull

-Photo shoots
Just a couple of nice pictures of my crazy girls at the beach:


-Tide pools and lighthouses at Yaquina head and Yaquina Bay
It was Laurel's first time at the ocean, so we had to show her all of the oceany sights:
A great picture of Brent's dad. I love how he always wears those cool hats.

Explorer Liz and Explorer Toby


Laurel and Liz checking out those sticky anemones.


Check out the starfish eating the crab carcass...cool.


Yaquina Head Lighthouse...the view from the tidepools.


Sea Life


"The Belly"


Jane and Liz with a sea sponge...it was a day of good finds at the tide pools.


A fun picture with Grandpa

Inside the lighthouse tour

This is the Yaquina Bay lighthouse...not as spectacular as Yaquina Head, but still pretty neat.

-Drift Creek Falls/Bridge Hike
This is a hike that Brent's been dying to take us on for months. It was cold, rainy and muddy, be we are glad that we endured. Whew! I'm almost done:

A line of raincoat colors (it was getting dark, so the pics were getting a little blurry)


Trillium...the Oregon State Flower. Hmmm...that might make for a fun middle name.
This entry was posted on 4/27/2009 and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On April 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM , Laurel said...

Thanks for posting everything! That was the best trip I have been on in my life! Thanks for spending the time with us!!

Hope to visit again soon!!!!

Love you!

 
On April 27, 2009 at 7:58 PM , Lima Bean said...

Oh, how I love Mo's. I always, always order the clam strips. I sometimes consider ordering something else, but I just love them!

Can't beat a rainy, cold weekend at the Oregon coast, right? :-)

 
On May 3, 2009 at 7:58 PM , Emily said...

Just want to say that you take the best photos and have such great music.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...