It is odd how time undulates at an uneven pace. I looked at my calendar and realized that today is Elsa's 6 month birthday. Wow! Where did the time go? How have I survived 6 months and actually felt ok for several of those? At the same time...really? 6 months? It sometimes feels like it's been years, or like it never even really happened...kind of weird; in a dreamlike way. On the other hand, I am half-way through this crazy year! That is: the time from Elsa's birth to this next baby's birth. What a year...I'll breathe again once it's over. So, I am now most officially in my second trimester! And I am feeling better. I am no longer tired all. the. time. And nausea? What's that? I can't remember. YAY!
At the same time, whoa...I realized on Sunday, and almost every day that my heart still really hurts. I was sitting in Stake Conference (a very large church meeting with many people I don't know), and there were many parents with baby girls around me. I just wanted to stand up and yell "YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!" I have realized that almost every picture or blog or person I run into with a baby girl really makes my heart hurt from missing my girl. I thought that maybe this hurt would lessen with time...but I have come to realize that it doesn't go away. It just becomes a part of who I am and something that I have to learn to deal with in a constructive way.
6 months Toby:
6 months? REallY? I mean, sitting up and everything? I can't believe that my baby would be this old. I'm glad that I still have these six months with Elsa in the future.
Our Dancing Queen
2 weeks ago









2 comments:
I love to read your thoughts about your daughter...I am a midwife and have have had a client who had a full term still birth...she changed me life...just like I knokw Elsa changed yours. Bless you mamma.
Okay, hot mama... i just took a moment to check the blogging world and YAY**** you are prego! I love it, I love you and Brent, the boys and the little itty bitty growing inside (I am totally thrilled!!)
Just had to get my over flowing joy out!
Looks lke life is an adventure... luvs!