Leavenworth
2/08/2010 | Author: jefferies
We took a few days this past week and traveled up to the snow in Leavenworth, Washington...a small mountain village that was remade to look like a Bavarian Village in the German Alps.  Fun place!  You may remember it, from a previous visit in 2008.  Our friends The Mansius' invited us to come along to their timeshares.  It was a blast!  We spent as much time as we could (until the little ones froze) playing in the snow, and then we spent the rest of the time by the fire sipping hot cocoa, playing the Wii and other games, shopping, and eating!  Oh boy...I ate WAY too much unhealthy food (thus the looking too fat in the last post comment...).

  The sledding gang at the bottom of the hill (except my two boys are walking away?)
Toby and his best buddy

Get ready, get set...

 

 
This is exciting stuff for us...we didn't get much snow at home this year. :-(

 

 
The top of the BIG sledding hill, with a condo like the one we stayed at in the background



Joshua and his buddy his age had fun taking turns with the skiis

And I had a GREAT time cross country skiing.  What a GREAT place to cross country.  This park is connected to the Wenatchee River trail that is fabulous for cross country skiing (and running an incredible half marathon, I might add).  I did only a very little bit of it since I had kids with me.  I was hoping to go back to do more of the trail...but we ran out of time!  And alas, I was SO sore from doing the Wii fit...I had plenty of exercise on this trip (good for all those extra calories consumed...they MIGHT have canceled each other out).

 
Poor Toby...he got cold way too fast.  But still WAY cute.
So we headed back in to warm up with cocoa and lots of active games on the Wii.  Toby and his best buddy had fun playing together...until Toby suddenly became a poor looser and had to go cool off.  :-(  Not cool, buddy!
But it was SO cute to watch them sprint as fast as they could on the mat  together with their blond heads and red hoodies.

 
Tara and her little baby shopping in Leavenworth


downtown Leavenworth

 
the hat shoppe


BEAUTIFUL sunny drive home over the mountains and down through Seattle


We had SO MUCH FUN!  Thanks to our friends!
And we are happy to be back home, where spring is making an early appearance and blossoms are showing up at the gardens!
This entry was posted on 2/08/2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On February 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM , Natalie said...

Looks like you had a great time! My cousins live in Washington, and we all took a trip to Levenworth one time, and had a blast! I love all the quaint little shops and fun things to do there. It is a beautiful place. You have such a darling little family.

 
On February 9, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Sara said...

Oooh fun! I've been to Leavenworth and wish I could go back. My mom was born there and I think we still have family there. I miss skiing and wish I could teach my kids ... that looks like a great time.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...