Oktoberfest Half Marathon, etc.
10/06/2008 | Author: jefferies
Beautiful Leavenworth!
Alright, so we had a very fun weekend in Leavenworth. The crazy part came in the form of transportation to and from Leavenworth. The drive is supposed to take 5 hours each way from Portland...but it took us 7 hours to get there and 14 to get back (I'll get to that later).

The run was really great! Honestly, it was the best race all around that I have ever participated in. It was so beautiful! The weather was perfect. It was cool and varied between drizzle and breaks of sunshine. And as a plus I ran into one of my very good friend's (Joanne) younger sister during the race. I aways seem to run into someone I know running the race. Last time it was English's little sister. The costumes were awesome! People had lederhosen, drundels, braids, and bavarian hats. The food was awesome. And best of all, the proceeds went to fund cancer research. It feels so good to know all that moolah goes to a worthwhile cause!

Here I am in front of our KOA accommodation all ready for the race

Brent caught up with me at mile 12 and took pictures of me. In this picture I am trying to hand him my cell phone so I wouldn't have to stuff it back in my camelback. The little boys were sticking their heads out the windows of the car and cheering me on. It was so great!
This isn't the greatest picture, but here I am coming into the finish. I'm the little purple speck between the navy and orange.

Here is Joshua and I after he put my finishers medallion around my neck.

Yay! I finished the whole 13.2 miles and made my goal of running the whole way! And my knee didn't hurt at all...that was a plus.

I finished in 2 hours and 35 minutes. That is not even close to my best time, but since I only trained in 6 weeks...I trained to finish and not to destroy my personal record. But I after I finished I felt so healthy and alive. Gotta love endorphins!

After the race I took a very divine shower and we visited the Leavenworth Oktoberfest scene.

After leaving Leavenworth, we stopped to drink in the beautiful autumn scenery along the Wenatchee River.

I love trees & leaves. Especially autumn leaves. My favorite time of year.

The Wenatchee River

Some pictures of the boys playing and meditating by the river.

Kate: Self portrait. I love the timer on the camera! It's such a fun game!

Here's a shot of Joshua and I while Brent took Toby to the potty. Can't you tell that Joshua thinks his mom is #1?

Family picture with the self timer. It seems to be a family tradition that every year I enslave my guys to pose for self-timer photos in the autumn leaves for hours. Well, this year was easy...I was content after this one shot. Either my standards have lowered considerably, or my guys sit still much better this year (I think it's a little of both).
Here I am feeling all happy and content in the car on the way home. Little did I know....

...that I would leave my purse in the restaurant in Tacoma where we stopped for dinner on the way home!! Oh crap! We realized my blunder when we were 30 minutes from being home. Then we had to drive 2 hours back up to Tacoma and thank goodness for the honest and decent employees in the Pita Pit Restaurant in downtown Tacoma (read: support their restaurant). They had my purse all safe and sound behind their counter with everything still there. But on the 2 hour drive back home, we were too Drowsy. We had to stop at a rest stop somewhere to sleep for a few hours. So thus, our drive home took 14 hours.

On the way up we got stuck behind construction and a crazy car crash! Ah the ups and downs that come with being alive!

Oh, and it has been such fun to catch up on general conference over the web the last two days!! Love it!

This entry was posted on 10/06/2008 and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On October 6, 2008 at 9:07 PM , Ariana said...

Glad you got your purse back, finished your race with no knee pain, and got to enjoy such beautiful Fall colors! What a fun trip!

 
On October 9, 2008 at 7:52 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

Good job on your run Troi!

 
On October 16, 2008 at 3:37 PM , Nicole said...

You are amazing. Beautiful place for a race. And so sorry about the purse bummer!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...