Do any of you mamas out there who have had two kids REALLY close together know if your belly gets GINORMOUS really early with the second subsequent pregnancy? Because it's either that, or I'm having twins. I'm measuring myself to be about 6-7 weeks ahead of where I usually am in pregnancy (!). But I've never had two babies SO CLOSE together before. Hopefully it will slow down a bit because if I keep growing at this rate, third trimester is NOT going to be pretty!
So here is a really poor quality self portrait at around 10 weeks. I kept trying to get better ones...but it's not happening. And I'm starting to feel FAR too FAT for pictures...until the actual baby is the one forming the belly...and not just the baby pushing the epiploic appendages and such up and out.
small picture...for Keeley :-)
6 comments:
totally normal. I was the same way with Chloe. I wasn't going to tell anyone but my belly popped so early that I couldn't hide it. I lost 25 lbs after I lost Jack and I swear within minutes of finding out I was pregnant it all came back on! It just doesn't grow so much later on. Good luck. I'm so happy for you! I
I know EXACTLY how you feel. :) Hang in there. :)
Yep, my belly popped SO fast with my latest pregnancy. But I really had no excuse. There's 3-1/2 years between her and Owen. :-( I attribute it to stretched out mama belly. Blah! Personally, I think you look great, and I'm so excited for you!
Hey--I haven't said congratulations yet and I'm so happy for you. I'm sure it's hard and exciting at the same time, but I will look forward to being on your pregnancy journey with you via your blog!
And regarding your other post about Joshua's homework--that's crazy because James is also in 2nd grade and hasn't had a day of homework this whole year! It's so weird, I think. I mean, he's supposed to read everyday, but otherwise never has anything else. I love his teacher and she's highly recommended, otherwise I might really think something was really wrong. I guess it's her philosophy or whatever. I'm worried that next year is going to be a rude awakening.
And thanks for the comment about the peas. Hope mine turn out too--they're planted, so we'll see!
TMI but I had the fun early pregnancy bloat, and I looked like I was 5 months pregnant the whole first trimester. Then it subsided, and I looked less pregnant, which was weird, then suddenly TA DA I looked for real pregnant.
Oh Kate! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear this news. I look forward to "seeing" your progress around the neighborhood! God bless you and your wonderful family. Let me know if you need any help...at any time!
Sharon