better day + waterfalls
5/03/2010 | Author: jefferies
Hey...just wanted to say that yeah, times are often difficult, but today is better.  That's just how it is.

Anyway...on Saturday after the boys soccer games, we decided on an impromptu trip down to Silver Falls State Park to see some awesome waterfalls.  The weather was perfect and it had been raining A LOT, so we knew the falls would be very full!

a quick hike to Upper North Falls
we climbed along the rock right up to the base of the falls, and there WAS a lot of water!  It was spraying mist all over the place.
Joshua proclaimed it was even more awesome than POPTROPICA!
(which he only gets to play on Saturdays...and our trip was postponing the playing of).
Score 1 for nature!

a beautiful green world
(my favorite glowing spring green of new leaves)

some wildflower discoveries
(I caught the sun shinning through that pink one just right)

Hike down to Lower North Falls
I love the waterfalls that you can hike behind...
and take a seat on a bench to just watch the water flow...
more of the beautiful spring green with the light shinning through JUST right

then Brent showed Joshua that the rock under the waterfall is the kind you can break with your hands
(some kind of sedimentary rock)

One more falls shot...

Before we hike up these:
...and leave all wet and muddy and full of wonder.
This entry was posted on 5/03/2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On May 3, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Ariana said...

I LOVE THAT PLACE. What gorgeous green-ness.

 
On May 5, 2010 at 11:38 AM , Nicole said...

Wow you are such an awesome photographer! Love the photos. I haven't been on my blog since December so I hope all is doing well life has been a little crazy lately. Hope you and your cute family are loving life. I love how spontanious you are I need to be more like that. Keep in touch!

 
On May 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM , Nicole said...

I just noticed you are pregnant so I wanted to say congrats and I think that your decision to have this baby boy at home is wonderful! I wish you and your family all the best! You are truly one of the most amazing and remarkable people I have ever met. How is the house selling going? Any luck?

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...