a Faraday day
5/02/2010 | Author: jefferies
Brent often has weekdays off, and we try to take advantage of that by getting out and doing recreational activities when Joshua's in school and places are not over-crowded.

We took a bike ride on Faraday Road...to which I give an enthusiastic two thumbs up!  It is technically called the Portland General Electric West Hydro-Electric Project Road...just past Estacada.  The best part is that it's closed off to cars, all except for an occasional PGE service vehicle.  And it is a very beautiful, gradual up-hill grade.  We rode about 20 minutes past several reservoirs up to North Fork Reservoir and then we had to fly back down to go get Joshua from school.  Next time I'd like to go farther.

  North Fork Reservoir

Some pictures I snapped as I was cruising back down the road:
LANDSLIDE!!

I let those guys get in front so they could be in the pictures
one of the damns in the background
Check out the fish ladder just up from the river/reservoir...it is the longest fish ladder!  It went on for miles, surpassing all of the damns and reservoirs.
Toby's excellent photography...
an attempt to document pregnancy

The many poses of Toby:

Toby loves our little trips...he's an adventurer!

This entry was posted on 5/02/2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On May 3, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

Pregnant on a bike. You are amazing. So gorgeous there. Great pictures.

 
On May 13, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Miss Kelli said...

you guys have all the fun!!! i feel like such a bump on a log these days!!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...