finished projects
5/11/2010 | Author: jefferies
I finally finished some projects that I've been working on for quite a while...

These are the curtains that I've been concocting for a couple of months...I somewhat follow the tutorial from this "make it and love it" blog entry.

  This is the coffee table that I picked up from a yard sale a couple of years ago.  It had glass in the middle, until it got broken when a small wooden horse tipped over...it broke so easily that I thought NO WAY I want glass in that table again...someone (like little bitty Toby) could've gotten really hurt!  So it has sat in my living room for an embarrassing amount of time with nothing in the middle...not a very functional table.  I painted the table green and had a friend cut the wood for the middle.  Then another friend helped me staple that blue fabric to the board, and I put a coat of mod podge over it all.  Lovely.  I still plan on doing a few more coats of mod podge to get a really finished surface.

The {almost} finished room

And NOW for the backyard (which we've been working on for three years!):
 We started with a lot full of weeds and mature trees...
We added some pavers, a patio cover, a walkway, lots of bark...
some fruit trees and berry bushes, some playground equipment (including a nice recycled one)
we're still working on adding more foliage
a quaint path to take a stroll on/jog on/ride a scooter on...
some raised garden beds
...a lovely place to relax in the spring/summer/fall!

Ah!  I love backyard time.


AND!  I just noticed that my baby count down ticker says that I only have 99 more days until my due date (hopefully less :-).  Wow!  Less than 100!!  I'll be so happy to be holding this baby safely in my arms...

|
This entry was posted on 5/11/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

7 comments:

On May 12, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Alyse Burt said...

Your home is so lovely. I'm glad you have less than 100 days! It will be delivery time before you know it!

 
On May 12, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Ariana said...

WOW!! That backyard looks so nice! I love the "track" and covered patio. I wish our yard had more trees and interesting things.

 
On May 12, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

That is the coolest backyard ever! I especially love the path around the perimeter. You have obviously done a ton of work. The curtains and table are totally fabulous too.

 
On May 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM , Lima Bean said...

gorgeous--kinda hope you don't sell it, cause how sad to leave it all behind!

 
On May 12, 2010 at 10:10 PM , Katie Fox said...

the table and curtains turned out perfect! I still loooove that fabric it goes so well together.

 
On May 13, 2010 at 8:26 AM , Miss Kelli said...

B E A U T I F U L !!! I love your backyard, love your living room, love your table...so creative!!
on a side note...I met a little girl yesterday that had a run in with a glass top table. She has a scare from the corner of her mouth and then almost to her ear! Her mom said it cut all the way through...you could see the inside of her mouth...so yes NO GLASS is GOOD!!

 
On May 20, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Beautiful backyard! It gives me hope for our mess of a pile of dirt we have outside right now. Maybe in a few years it will be a nice place to sit and play like yours. I love it.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...