awareness
7/18/2010 | Author: jefferies
I am aware that Elsa would have been 11 months old two days ago.  I am aware that Elsa and her brother will probably be Irish twins (born less than a year apart).  I hope that will be a bond they'll share.

I have a favorite song that I recently became aware of in a new way.
One of my favorite bands from the 1990's: October Project wrote a haunting song called "Eyes of Mercy".

If I remember correctly it was written as a lullaby for the children of war-torn Bosnia.
It is meant to be sung by an adult to a child.
But recently I became aware that it is being sung to me by my daughter.  I believe that during my months of grief, my angel daughter has been ministering to me.  And the awareness of that swept over me one day as my ipod randomly shuffled to this song, and I listened to the lyrics with a new perspective.

Hush, close your eyes
And I'll keep you safe
Allow you to weep
And sing you to sleep

Don't be afraid

Remember I'm here
The noise in the street will soon disappear

When the soft face of mercy

Is lost behind a veil
I will stay with eyes open
Stay here with eyes open
To watch over you
And take away the sadness and the fear

Hide in my arms

And dream golden dreams
Forgetting the world
Of men and machines

When the soft eyes of mercy

Are blinded by the dark
I will stay with eyes open
Stay here with eyes open
To watch over you
And take away the sadness and the fear

I'll be here
This entry was posted on 7/18/2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On July 19, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Summers Family said...

I love this whole album! But what a wonderful blessing for you to "hear" your daughter sing it to you.
I love you and hope you are well today.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...