1) do a chore
2) read for 30 minutes or longer
3) practice piano (Joshua)
4) work on a goal
5) exercise
6) play at park/pool/library/etc.
I have to admit it has been hard to stick to our plan since Brent is usually home 2 days during the week. Those days throw things off because we don't stick to our routine. We usually go places and do fun things together. But the boys have been learning how to do a lot of various chores like folding and putting away their own clean clothes, picking up and vacuuming different rooms, cleaning off the kitchen table, cleaning up the backyard toys and helping to mow the lawn, cleaning the bathroom sinks and toilets...and my very favorite of all is the DISHES! (I DO NOT love dishes.)
Anyway, sweet Joshua boy one day proclaimed that he WANTED to learn how to do the dishes (up until now he had only unloaded the dishwasher). So we worked on it together and I showed him how to do it. Well guess what? He LOVED it! He said (and I quote) "I want to do the dishes every day! I love the dishes. Mama, you will NEVER do the dishes again!". Oh, I just love him so much for saying that! So almost every day since then, he has been rinsing and stacking all the dishes for me...clearing out the sink. I still load and unload the dishwasher, but that's the easy part.
Oh...he's DEFINITELY a keeper!









1 comments:
LOVE IT! LOL, what a cutie!
: ) Lisa L L (gotta fix the grant school pto thing)