more pictures and firsts
8/16/2010 | Author: jefferies
I know I'm crazy.  It's past midnight and everyone's in bed.  The baby is sleeping (on my lap, I might add).  I should be sleeping.  But I just don't get the chance to blog anymore.  We've been too busy enjoying our summer.  I've been too busy enjoying my family.  And especially my baby.  Loving. him. up.  All good things.  Very good things...except when it comes to blogging and bedtime.

Well, here is a post with more pictures of Ollie and some of his firsts.

Ollie's first car ride:



The day after Oliver was born, there was a farewell party planned for our friends the Fox family.  They moved away :-( on Thursday.  Katie was really hoping that I would have my baby before they left so she could meet him before she moved.  It was a close call...but I had him in enough time to manage making it to their farewell party!  So we packed him up and headed to a potluck at the park with all of our wonderful friends.  It was the perfect night.  It was so unseasonably cool (ah, lovely 60's) for August that I had my little guy all bundled up.  He LOVES the car seat.  He could just go on and on sleeping in there!  Oh, and as for me...I managed to walk the whole 10 yards from the car to a cushy chair to enjoy a delicious, proteinacious potluck dinner the day after giving birth. 




Pictures of Ollie 2 days old:
On this day, we all took Ollie in to the birth center for his newborn exam and pku test.  His weight at the exam was 8 pounds, 8 ounces...hmm, quite a drop.  His cheeks are shrinking by the hour and he's starting to look just like Brent did in the one or two baby pictures that I've seen of him.  I LOVE the way that Ollie squints into the light, and the way he sits still just observing everything for 20 minutes at a time.  I love the way he stares into my face or off in the distance...which makes me wonder if he can see Elsa.

Pictures before cord falls off:  
 looooong baby!

First smile captured on camera:
First time in crib:
 He LOVES to lay in his crib and stare at the owl and tree that I appliquéd onto his crib blanket.  

First time playing with big bro:
  Words can't even begin to describe how awesome Ollie has been for Joshua and Toby...but especially Toby.  Toby loves to hold Ollie and help me with EVERYTHING!  He is so thrilled to have a baby that gets to stay with us.

First bath:
 Big brothers SO excited to help out with the bath!  By the way, this awesome contraption is called a puj tub.  It TOTALLY rocks the infant bathing world!  It is a flat foam sheet that folds up and fits into your small bathroom sink...it's just the perfect size, and so comfy and supportive for the baby.  
I was not paid to say that.  I just love awesome and innovative products!
Ollie loved his bath...

...but he couldn't wait to get back into clothes afterward.  Hopefully he'll grow to love his monkey towel, like my other boys love their animal towels.  Joshua has a lion and Toby has a frog.













...and then he tuckered down for the most heavenly nap!


Honestly...I'm in heaven.  I feel like I'm a first time mama all over again, except that I know what I'm doing with the hard stuff like breastfeeding.  I cannot express how joyful this baby is.  I had NO idea how wonderful it would be to have him here.  It's been one heck of a LONG year getting him here...and it just did not hit me how amazing this all is until the moment he was born, and I saw that he was ALIVE!  I feel so lucky and blessed.

Hopefully I'll get to post about his birth soon!  A lot of people have been asking for details...
This entry was posted on 8/16/2010 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On August 16, 2010 at 7:28 AM , Becky Sharp said...

Wow, he is gorgeous and perfect! I hope his precious spirit helps to continue your healing after such a tough year. He looks like the perfect medicine for you! :)

 
On August 16, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Ariana said...

What a cutie! He sure looks like he belongs with those brothers. That tub thing looks cool! Our baby tub is pretty cool too....it fits in the kitchen sink and came with a sling that's perfect for newborns. Then the sling comes off and they can either sit or recline, depending on which way you put them in. (must have been designed by a mom hahahaha)

 
On August 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM , Emily said...

LOVE all the photos! He is definitely related to Josh and Toby, no doubt about that :) What a cute little guy and I love Love LOVE the name Oliver, with Ollie for short. That fits so perfectly. Seeing these photos just reminds me how absolutely wonderful the first couple weeks are with a newborn. How you're able to focus on just being with your baby and caring for this new little person. How you get to spend countless hours just looking at them and being amazed that they exist. Love it! Hope you enjoy your "babymoon" Love you!

 
On August 16, 2010 at 9:19 PM , SewSara said...

oh he is so precious!
i love his crib bedding and the owl applique you did! that looks like a professional job ... awesome! i'm just so happy for you and your family. i can tell he has brought a great spirit into your home :)

 
On August 20, 2010 at 11:23 PM , Melissa Black Polteno said...

Thank you for the updates!!! I have been wondering how you have been doing. I know that you are just savoring every moment with baby!!! It has been a LONG year for you and now!!!!!! I am so excited for you.

 
On August 22, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Betsy said...

That last picture of him with his swaddle blanket just melts my heart. He is adorable! I am so very happy for you and your family.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...