we lunched at a corner cafe in our little town:
sweet little place with overstuffed armchairs around the tables and bookshelves full of quaintness.
Across the street:
The library and playground and loads of fallen leaves to scoop up and jump in!
This is our library. And I love this place for so many reasons. When we first moved here, the library was in a strip mall. An ugly strip mall. Thankfully that strip mall is being torn down and the library had to move. This new building is the OLD library. Before the strip mall. They moved out of this building because it is so small. Personally, I don't care if it's small. I place all my holds over the internet anyway. But this building has character! Especially in the autumn. And it has an old school playground outside. And the building is a miniature version of my old elementary school (Uintah!).
AND it now contains my sharp memories of being in hard labor and pleading with Toby to leave so the baby wouldn't be born right there on that concrete wall.
leaves and more leaves
And just then a light rain begin to fall. Not enough to spoil the kid's playtime. Just enough that I had to pull on my hood and step under a tree. Shirts and jackets with hoods are worth their weight in gold in Oregon.
here's the view from under the tree
Playing and leaf fights...
...and autumn lingers on.
Across the street is the mortuary where we took Elsa. I walked in with her on the right side of the building there. I pass this building all the time. And such is my life. Full of beauty and memories.
Someday after we move away from here, I want to remember all of these places.









0 comments: