saturday around portland with COUSINS!
11/01/2010 | Author: jefferies
We were lucky to have Brent's brother Jonny, his wife Emily and their three kids come to visit us for  a week.  It was tons of fun for everyone!

10/23/10
Waffles with homemade Oregon blueberry syrup:
Sammy, Toby, Ella and Joshua


We went to Saturday Market

a visit to the Fork Man is a must at the Saturday Market


Oh...there were so many lovely things there this year...I think I'll have to sneak back to get some Christmas gifts.  

we all hung out by the fountain and ate kettle corn and lunch...Brent picked us up some Ethiopian food, which was VERY new and interesting.  Ever tried grilled orange peels?  It was mostly yummy.

Emily and I with the babies

Jonny with Sammy

I call this one: Autumn in Portland

those guys have three kids 4 and under...and they do a very good job getting out with them and corralling them all!  :-)



Then we headed to Forest Park.  We had picked up cultural passes from our library to visit the Japanese Garden for free...but by the time we got there it was 30 minutes before closing.  So we sent Jonny and Emily on a little 30 minute date to walk through the garden without their kids...cause we never would've made it in with enough if we brought all the kids.  So...Brent and I hung out at the tennis courts with all the kiddos!  A nice place to keep them all contained.

Ella and Sammy

except these two buddies escaped!




it was a WET day...and the kids had fun playing in the puddles.  They found the big tennis court squeegee to play with.



this is a picture of Ella telling Ollie "no, no!  Don't cry!" with her cute high voice.


Then we headed home for warm, dry clothes and a cozy evening at home!

And the babies:
they were quite captivated with eachother
Ollie and Sadie (who's 3 months older than Ollie)
she's a cutie!
This entry was posted on 11/01/2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On November 4, 2010 at 2:47 AM , Margo said...

I'm glad you left me a comment! Darling kids and looks beautiful and fun. We are enjoying things down here, with a few frustrations of course. I noticed all the rain... I'd move to Portland someday if there weren't quite so much of it.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...