Twice a year the Andaluz Waterbirth Center hosts a potluck dinner for all of their clients families and friends. In the spring it is at the Portland Children's Museum. In the fall it is at the Hoyt Arboretum. We had the opportunity to catch the last 30 minutes of the fall potluck at Hoyt (as Brent had to work that day). We missed the cedar plank salmon that my midwife's husband makes every year, but we got to sample some of his very tasty chicken. We got to see the fire dancer perform! It's always a good time with Andaluz.
I got a picture with these fabulous ladies
midwife Jesica and her baby on the right
Jocelyn (Jesica's apprentice) on the left
We missed my midwife Jennifer in the picture because she was too busy being in charge!
(All midwives are amazing)...but Jennifer is the LADY in charge! She is great. Not only does she run two birth centers, but she is a mama to a large amazing family! I also recently found out the she is the Relief Society President (the women's organization) in her ward. I wouldn't be talking her up so much, except for the fact that I want to advertise her latest cause here. She traveled to Haiti last February to provide relief after the earthquake, and she couldn't believe the conditions there...she are her colleagues learned to say "I am sorry your baby has died." in Creole. So she founded the non-profit organization MamaBaby Haiti...and she is opening a birth center/medical clinic in Haiti for all these underserved mamas and babies.
MamaBaby Haiti can use all the help we can give, so if you've been looking for a great way to contribute to the cause in Haiti and if your heart and soul directs you to give, I know that the funds are going straight to a really great cause. Check out these really great t-shirts you can buy to support the cause. And if you know a great midwife or student midwife who would like to volunteer in Haiti, click here.









0 comments: