cold beach
10/17/2010 | Author: jefferies
9/14/10
Here is another beach story.  This one happens to be Ollie's first beach story.  It was the first week of school and Brent had a weekday off.  The weather at the beach was supposed to be sunny and in the 70s, which is GOOD (in Oregon)!  I resisted the urge to have the boys skip school and we headed off to Indian Beach right after school.  I was confident that it would still be warm enough for me to boogie board for the first and only time this summer.  This was my last chance before fall.  The weather was looking good the whole drive...until our final 10-15 minute descent to the coast.  Fog.  :-(

bad for boogie boarding, nice to look at
When we got there I was still very determined to go boogie boarding...I brought my swimming suit and towel down to the beach.  But by the time we hiked down, my teeth were just chattering...high 40s.  Hmph.  I guess sometimes it just isn't worth getting in the ocean...even for me.

Oh well, we still had a beautiful picnic dinner and fun playing on the beach.  And I'm hoping to get a wet suit for Christmas this year (are you reading this Brent?)(I rarely ask for anything.)    



5.5 weeks old and already wearing some 3-6 month clothes.  Way to grow!






we're rather delighted that Brent's growing out his hair.


eating sugar peas

brrr...bye bye summer.
This entry was posted on 10/17/2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On October 18, 2010 at 7:24 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

It's so beautiful there and I love how you get out so much together.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...