case in point:
9/24/2011 | Author: jefferies
THIS is what happened today while I was mulling over how much time I spend on Facebook, and to what end?:

sorry this is the wrong way...too much effort to fix it.
But here is a better view:

Oh the HORROR!

As you can see here, our baby has grown into a very curious and poop-smeared smurf...all within a very short amount of time.  I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR FACEBOOK anymore.  

So I feel the need to further clarify a little more...I will not leave Facebook all together.  I am taking a break.  When I feel thoroughly cleansed, I will be back.  But I will have a different agenda and different expectations.  See, I'm afraid I was going seeking more love and support there then people were able to give.  And in the course of so doing, I was giving the very best of my time to people who just don't care that much.  Or they just didn't know to care.  Either way, my family cares...and they will get the best of my time from now on.  

I'm also terribly afraid that I am often guilty of the very same crime I have accused others of...that of speeding by too quickly without taking the time to comment.  So I am sorry.    

And this blog is going to have to take the place of Facebook for a while as my outlet for status updates.  So think of this as an elaborate status update.  Only, the blog is for me.  I write it for me, without the expectation that anyone else will read it.  And if it is read by others, so be it.  

And YOU, on the other hand can spend as much or little time on Facebook as you want.  This is not about me passing judgement, but about me doing what I see is best for me now.
{love}
kate
This entry was posted on 9/24/2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On September 25, 2011 at 7:53 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

The internet is such a time sink. Yet, some days it is the only grown-up interaction I get. I try to limit my time on it and to only spend my time on the very best things, but it is a balancing act. I am very glad you are going to be blogging more instead. Your blog is definitely one of the "best things" I chose to follow.

 
On September 25, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Rebecca and Nick said...

Amen, sister!!

I never feel as good about myself and the world around me when I spend too much time on the computer, so I seriously try to limit it. The problem is, my ward has big time facebookers. It's the best way to communicate with them, therefore it is the way to go about fulfilling my calling. Sounds funny, huh.

Enjoy your facebook fast, however long it may be!

 
On September 25, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Cullen said...

I think your caption to the photo ("Oh the horror!") describes it pretty well! Such things I can look forward to when I become a parent!!

Regarding your hiatus from Facebook: power to you!! I cut the Facebook cord a year or so ago, and haven't missed it. I, too, found I was spending way too much time worrying over status updates, likes, dislikes, etc. Also, I feel that if I *really* have something I need to express, my blog gives me the space I need to get it right.

From this recovered Facebook junkie: I hope it works out positively for you too!

 
On September 26, 2011 at 1:33 PM , Tara said...

Oh poor naughty Ollie!! I too know that when I find my toddler destroying the world while I'm on the computer that there's a problem!!! I'll join your resolve and take a facebook break as well. Though unfortunately with my work I still have to spend a lot of time on the computer, but I guess that really means I need to cut out unnecesary computer time even more!

 
On September 26, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Emily said...

Oh Ollie, you are just so stinkin' cute even as a poop-smeared smurf!
Yes, I realize the irony when I am sucked into the computer reading and looking at pics on other people's blogs or facebook all about their cute kids and fun stuff they do as a family when my own kids are screaming in the background for attention. My priority should be to focus on MY kids and MY family and maybe just read blogs at night when they are asleep. Good idea to take a break from facebook!

 
On September 26, 2011 at 8:39 PM , Summers Family said...

Real poop? Love you!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...