1) there are some good aspects of facebook, but for the most part it is just a waste of my time.
2) I'm tired of feeling like people don't care about me because they can't even take the time to "like" my status, or respond to my message.  It's just sad that we don't even email anymore.  Forget a call on the telephone, that is just TOO interpersonal.  I'm drowning in a flood of faces where it doesn't seem like anyone cares about me.  The only care is about how cool the next status update will be.  *Check me out!  I'm so cool!  I'm at blahblahblah with blahblahblah!*  I feel like a genuinely try to respond to others posts.  I care!  Well, I'm sorry if I did anything to offend anyone...or if you just don't like me.  I don't want my self worth to be based on nobody "liking" my status.  That's just sad.  So...I'm not the wittiest, the prettiest, the most social, the best cook, have the best and cutest kids, etc...and I DON'T CARE.  I don't want to feel marginalized by family.  I'd rather not want to know.  So, I can see it's best just to get out of there.  
3) anyone who really likes me and cares about what I'm up to will find a way to be a part of my life...and if you don't, GOOD RIDDANCE. I don't need your energy in my life.
My email is thewoodbetweentheworlds@gmail. com ... if you want to write me a real letter and not just show me how cool your life is.  And I'll do the same for you.  But if you don't reciprocate, I'll assume you don't have the time for my friendship.

I know this is rash...it's TOTALLY uncalled for.  Nobody was rude to me.  I'm just bored and feeling cooped up and like I need to get out of that proverbial building and live in the real world.  I'll probably regret this tomorrow when I'm having social media withdrawals.  But I'm going to try to stick with it.
This entry was posted on 9/24/2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On September 24, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Windybrook Spinner said...

Very interesting post. I have tried to spend very little time on facebook, but I do like having the connection with many people I know and care about. Still, I hear you. That's kind of how I felt about my blog. Very few commented, but I would talk to people in person and they would tell me how much they enjoyed seeing my projects or how much they like my family newsletter email that I send out. So, I guess I just want you to know that many people care about you, but I guess commenting is too hard sometimes. I love your blog. I feel like I've gotten to know you even better and you are a wonderful person to know. I'm sorry you are feeling cooped up and bored. I totally understand. Maybe this should be an email instead of a comment. =) Sending hugs.

 
On September 25, 2011 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous said...

I love your vent! Being a Facebook virgin, I can say that my life doesn't suffer without it. I've read (somewhere?) that each human can only maintain about 6-8 close friendships at a time. Now wonder 200 "friends" is overload. It seems like an ego boost to pretend that all these people care about us. I know that I only have a few very close friends (including my wife and dog), and a handful of distant but good friends, and I'm just fine with that.
Your real-life friend, Colin

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...