Sauvie Island Foot Traffic Flat Half Marathon:
I decided really early...like in November that I was going to train for this half marathon to help me loose the baby weight from two pregnancies. And my training went really well...until the last month when we suddenly decided to move and we were kind of obligated to take a trip to Utah for my sister's wedding right before the race. So...I only got to run 10 miles a couple of times about a month before the race, and I felt it. It was a tough 13.1 miles (don't discount that last .1 mile...it is hard!). I did not loose all the weight I had planned on before the race and actually I gained a few pounds from the travel and wedding. :-/ Frustration! Ah...but at least I finished the race AND I ran the whole way. And at least the weather cooperated...no rain and not too hot. But I wish I could be running the race now that I've lost all the weight I had planned on.
Left: before the race (remind me NOT to wear my race number on my stomach again...I think I knew not to do that at one point in time)
Middle: the race pace group I was trying to follow: 10 minute/mile. I did pretty good for a few miles, but by mile 8 I knew I didn't have a prayer.
Right: after the race with my finisher's medallion
Apres-race: I was exhausted and could hardly move for the rest of the day...but we wanted to share a memorable holiday with the kids, so we took a drive and ended up having a picnic at the park for dinner and watching the fireworks over the river as we camped out on our sleeping bags.
bottom left: we stopped and took a picture with Tow Mater











2 comments:
Way to go on the half-marathon! I've tried several times to get in gear for a race . . . but school throws me off every time!
I'll be trying again next year . . . and I'll remember to *not* put my race number on my stomach! :)
Way to go Kate! You are amazing. Someday I will run a half-marathon. I have no aspiration to run a full marathon. I think a half would do me just fine! It is on my list..... Maybe someday when we live close again we can train and run one together! Joy!