These days I'm always behind. I guess our lives are getting to the point where we have less downtime in which to blog our doings. I still want to document the important things in our lives (for posterity!) , but I need to catch up MAJORLY.
I've been a bit discouraged with the internet this past month. Up until a month ago it's been a pretty great place for me to share my feelings and experiences. And it's sometimes (?) been a place where others can come for inspiration...whether that pertains to the grief journey or inspiration for family adventures. About a month ago I was violated. I don't want to go into too much detail about it as I wish to avoid bringing the perpetrator undeserved attention. Some midwife-hater stole my blog content (pictures and writing) and posted them on an anonymous hate website...pretty much bashing my midwife (who if you remember Elsa's story, you know that my midwife did nothing wrong). Well...I had been warned from the get-go that in posting my very personal story on the internet, I would leave myself open to this kind of harassment. I really didn't believe that it would happen to me, since there was NO QUESTION that Elsa's death was no-fault situation.
Anyway, in the past month I have been through many thoughts about my little online space. My knee-jerk reaction was to make my blog private, or just remove Elsa's story. But it didn't take me very long to realize that was not the best idea. I did not want to surrender to these cyber-bullies, and let them think they are right in what they are doing. So I'm leaving it all up. All are free to read it and pass their own judgement. Legal action may also be taken in the future...but I'm not sure I should say any more. I just think that all in all, I'm going to be a lot more careful about what I write on here. And that is sad.
But I want to send a clear message to this anonymous blogger:
You will not succeed in doing what is not right!
Our Dancing Queen
2 weeks ago









6 comments:
Kate, I am so sorry that this happened. I, for one, am extremely grateful for your blog. As you know, it helped me through so really rough times. Just know I love you and your family, and I will always support you.
There are evil people out there. I'm so sorry that happened to you, especially with your precious Elsa's life story. :(
love you.
hang in there!
i always love hearing from you.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear this happened. I'm also very impressed with your determination to leave your posts up.
I do find inspiration on your blog . . . even through the "not so great" things. Thanks!
Oh my. I don't even know what to say except that I am so angry. I want you to know how much it meant to me for you to share so much and really let us in. And I NEVER thought that Elsa's passing was anyone's fault at all, including you, friend. I find you to be one of the most brave and beautiful souls I've ever known.
Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear about your blog post hijacking. That is not cool. I know people have strong opinions about birthing (I know an opinionated pro-hospital-birth family member / pediatric nurse made my sister-in-law very anxious about her choice to have a natural birth.) People need to let each other be... lots of good things we can do on this planet without trying to force each other to do what we think is best.
Thanks for your support everyone!
Lara- I am totally fine with anyone having a different opinion than I do about birth. I'm even ok with them writing about my story. I'm just not ok with them stealing my pictures and writing, and twisting it to make it look like something it's not. These people are grasping at straws to make it look like my midwife was negligent, when she was not. We have the law on our side.
Why does anyone think a natural birth is bad, anyway? Hard, maybe. But not bad.
I suggest watching the documentary The Business of Being Born, if you haven't already.