It turns out that I should've done this post BEFORE the Cape Perpetua post. I just wanted to sneak in a little update on our Elsa birthday butterflys. I tried writing butterflies, because I know that's proper...but I really like the way it looks as "butterflys" instead. Anyway, we had a really tight schedule with the butterflys for Elsa's birthday. We left for Utah 4 days after her birthday, and were REALLY hoping they would emerge from their chrysalises before we left. They did not. I was thinking we were either going to have to bring them with us or leave them with a friend. Ooooooops!! In the hullabaloo of packing and leaving we forgot to do either!! OH NO! I was so worried and a little bit scared to come back from Utah and see what had become of our neglected Elsa butterflys. There's just too much irony in the fact that these butterflys' purpose was to celebrate her life, and her soul living on...to come home to dead butterflys. Yep. That just would not do. I was worried.
The first thing I did after getting home was to gingerly enter the kitchen and look in the butterfly habitat, and they...were...ALIVE!!!!!!! GOOD butterflys!!!!! You pulled through for me!
after giving them a day or two to eat sugar water, we released them in our backyard...
in Elsa's little garden. (What a lucky little girl to get all this loving!)
here's Ollie checking out Elsa's garden AND pushing a chair around, as he's practicing to walk
Then we took a delightful stroll through the neighborhood woods.











0 comments: