Christmas Day in the Morning
1/01/2010 | Author: jefferies
We had a fun Christmas!  We had my sister and mom come into town, so we were totally busy and had no time to post blog entries.  So here I am feverishly trying to catch up.  I thought my camera had broken after our Christmas Ships excursion, but sadly I was wrong.  (I have committed to [trying to] wait until this camera breaks before we buy a new one.)  Maybe 2010 will be the year that I finally donate it to charity? 

On the other hand, I feel inspired to expound upon my feelings of the season.  So much of Christmas is fun and excitement.  It always has been for me and it is for my kids.  And although I have felt this way in the past, I feel an increased need to share my gratitute for the birth, life, ministry, example, atonement, death, ressurection and unconditional love of my Savior Jesus Christ.  His love surrounds my life.  His promises make the hard times easier to bear.  I am thankful for the true meaning of Christmas.

So...without further ado...
I give you Christmas Morning:

The rest of the Harry Potter series to read together
(mostly on our drives to the coast and back...a hit!)
 
 
The only thing that Toby asked for: a Diego Set...this kid is easy to please!


Toby has been digging the infomercials for this 'Perfect Brownie Pan' and has been suggesting that our family get one...so ingenious Brent saw it at the store outside of his pharmacy where he works and bought it for Toby.  He also bought a brownie mix, and Toby LOVED it!
 

a few little parental presents


Joshua got the rest of the 8 bone books that he's been wanting for two years.  Silly kid.  He read the first 6 within the 3 days after Christmas.  Again, SO easy to please (so cheap to buy them used on Amazon dot com, and like new).


Auntie Heather's funny little gag gift


AH!  The BIG enchilada!  This was supposed to be for our whole family from Santa this year (mostly so that the parentals can have more control over it and sharing will occur)...but Joshua is really the only one who wanted it and the only one who has played it so far (in addition to reading 6 books).  Brent and I are excited to try Wii fit, and I think that Toby will dig Outdoor Adventure Challenge.  The funny thing is, after I purchased it for 'the whole family', Toby informed me that he DOES NOT like the Wii when he visits friends.  He thinks it's boring.  But I asked him if he would like the running, jumping over logs kind of games and he said yes...so we shall see.
  

Ha, ha, ha!  The BIG surprise!  I love doing this to Brent...I love to get him something that he really wants and needs but has no idea about and seeing his joy!  I recently got an ipod touch with our credit card reward point and he has loved mine so much.  He was always stealing it and installing applications for pharmaceutical references and such...so I got the hint that he would really like one and it will even be useful at work.  I hid it in his stocking...so he didn't find it until after all the other presents were opened!  Ha ha, ho ho, hee hee!

After all the festivities we took a Christmas evening family jog in Tyron Creek State Park...and it was magical, just magical.  It has been a tradition of Brent and I to do something outdoorsy on Christmas since the first year we were dating (1995, my senior year in high school!) when we cross country skiied all the way up Millcreek Canyon in Salt Lake City...ah what a magical winter wonderland. 

Despite all of the sadness we have endured this year, we know how greatly we are blessed and loved. We have felt how dear we are held in the affections of our Lord, whom we celebrate.   
This entry was posted on 1/01/2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On January 3, 2010 at 7:39 PM , My Voice Marshfield said...

what a fun Christmas morning!!!!! Has Josh read Angie Sage's Septimus Heap series? They sound like books he would like (but finish quickly).
: ) Merriness & Happiness!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...