Lucia Falls
2/06/2011 | Author: jefferies
We've had a very mild January here in Oregon.  It's been SO nice.  Mild temperatures.  Not a whole lot of rain.  We thought we'd take advantage of this and go exploring.  Brent found some waterfalls up across the river in Washington that we've never been to before.

But first...sweet brothers in the morning:






I can't even begin to describe how much Toby loves his baby brother.  Joshua does too, but Toby is there every moment kissing him and cuddling him. 
Sweet.













Don't go chasing waterfalls, just stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to.  Oops.
Lucia Falls
Not one of the SUPER tall waterfalls that we've visited in the Colombia River Gorge or at Silver Falls State Park...but still glorious!  Especially with ALL of that water!  I guess we did have a lot of rain the first half of January.
Hey!  Did you know that we *almost* named Elsa 'Lucia' instead?  Some day I hope to WILL have another daughter (I'm going to adopt one, if all else fails {not that adoption is a last resort})...and I don't know if I will use the name Lucia or not.  By the way, I would've pronounced it Lu-SEE-ah, not LOO-sha (I think THAT right there was the main reason why we ended up not choosing it!)
Alright...sorry for the major tangent.  Back to our adventure:

car ride






 I can't stand how beautiful the sunlight is through the green moss on the trees.  It almost makes me cry!
 we followed Toby down a 'secret trail' and found a wonderful mossy 'carpet'!
 (yes it was THAT green)






 Then it was back to the car again to retrieve the first aid kit!
Ooops Toby!

 Then it was back to the trails
 some really slick rocks + raging river of death = mama bear keeping her kids WELL away from the river!

 Then...a little hike up the river to cross a tall bridge!





More lovely green...and some mist creeping down upon the river



Happy day!


...in the car.
This entry was posted on 2/06/2011 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On February 6, 2011 at 9:25 PM , Ariana said...

Beautiful place! Makes brown Utah look even ickier this time of year. I miss all that green! :) Speaking of green, Preston has those same microfleece green stripey jammies as Toby. :)

 
On February 6, 2011 at 9:29 PM , kati said...

GREAT Pictures!! I love that sunlight through the branches one! We have got to do this one. Thanks for sharing!

 
On February 6, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Katie Fox said...

Kate you look sooooo pretty! and I want to chew on Ollies cheeks!
I miss Oregon so much looking at those pictures! I don't know if I can move back to boring old Utah :) after living there. Even washington doesn't look that pretty.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...