4th of July hike:
Just a favorite little lesser-known trail, where truly the wood is between worlds!
Upper Butte Creek Falls
It took FOREVER to drive here (I had forgotten since the last time we came I was in a cocoon of grief).
| I brought Brent's parents here while he was at work. |
4th of July party:
it was the BEST party EVER...hosted by the Hartley's. Barbecue, cotton candy, fun and games and TONS of fireworks!
Tara and her sweet little
The babies
sweet kisses!
Tara and Rachel are two friends who are very dear to me. They both supported me in different but crucial ways through the loss of Elsa. Tara was of course, a part of it. Rachel was my Visiting Teaching companion at church. Her baby ^ is only 4 months older than Elsa. Instead of feeling awkward and avoiding me, she went out of her way to find out how she could help me in my loss. She asked her sister who had a previous stillbirth what to do. She made us dinner, brought us a plant (which traveled to Utah and back and is still alive in our dining room window), brought over the book Tear Soup, and sent cards to me every month in the mail with comforting scriptures. I will never forget how she did not run away, but made my burden light.
| Thank you Rachel |
Some fun and games before the fireworks!
Mt. St. Helens:
still active...ever steaming
from inside the visitors center
arrayed in hues of violet
and surrounded by 30 year old dead wood
with hints of new life here and there
lots of dead wood
a picnic by spirit lake
and a canoe ride for all!
Goodbyes to moving friends:
This really deserves its own post and 6 months ago would've been better, but I'm tired. Sorry friends! Love you! At least I'm finally getting these pictures posted.
Tara, Kate and Katie...aren't we cute?
(one of the reasons I started going by Kate was because of all the 500 Katie's who lived in my ward)
Tara's and Katie's babies who were born 1 month after Elsa
SO PRESH!
Last year at almost the exact date, we had a picture take of the three of us with our matching pregnant bellies...now here we are a year later!
friends 4eva!









1 comments:
Man! I miss you guys! Hopefully we will get to see you guys in Utah this summer.