birth day
3/27/2010 | Author: jefferies
 Today is the 8th birthday of my oldest baby!
He was definitely born the size of a baby horse...
9 pounds, 14 ounces and 23 inches long (that's almost 2 feet!)
That's why he looks all squashed and swollen.

The day started early...whilst I was laboring away at the American Fork, Utah Hospital at midnight.  I labored through the night with the support of dear Brent and my sweet, very capable midwife Sarah.  It was a surreal dream come true to embrace my inner strength and give birth to Joshua the way I wanted...without a catheter in my spine (to each their own...but as for me, needles in the spine freak me out).  The whole pregnancy, labor and keeping him safe and alive through his toddler years has been hard work, but definitely do-able.  And the consequence of all the effort has been ABSOLUTELY amazing:
    It's been a journey complete with all the highest highs and some low lows with Joshua.  But the incredible traits this child has are really shinning through.  There are many things that I love about Joshua.  He is silly and loves to make people happy and laugh.  He is smart and wise and he continually seeks and hungers after knowledge.  He is sweet and kind and would not hurt anyone on purpose.  He is penitent and forgiving; quick to recognize his wrong and fix it...and even quicker to forgive those who offend him.  He is brave and strong.  Against many odds, he has triumphed and continues to triumph over his sensory integration disabilities and other weaknesses, with great determination and discipline.  He is one kid who considers his testimony of Christ and has decided to be His follower with all of his heart.  

I am so grateful to know him and to learn so much from him.  I am privileged to have the opportunity to serve and love him.    
This entry was posted on 3/27/2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...