sewing
3/25/2010 | Author: jefferies
Thanks to the creative influence of my 2 friends...












I've been on a sewing rampage frenzy.  I'm loving fabrics.

Sewing comes in handy when you want to customize your decor:
This selection of fabric is for my living room...
Love the bird fabric...and it incorporates the orange, green and blue in the room!
That's my next project and I'll post pictures when I'm done.

Sewing is a skill that comes in handy if you have a few rough and tumble little boys around:
I do A LOT of THIS
...and I do mean A LOT.
By the way, I know girls can be rough and tumble too (I put a lot of holes in my pants when I was a kid).


Sewing comes in handy if you would like a certain dress in a specific color:
The top of my green dress for my sister-in-law's wedding.
(The picture on the top is the more accurate color.)
The finished product.  
By the way...the green on my new camera is WAY off.  I'm not too happy about it.  I really need to read the manual and learn the manual settings.

Sewing comes in handy if you want to customize a baby gift for someone, because any other gift for a baby girl feels awkward to me right now:
blanket for my niece who was born exactly 2 months after Elsa.


And more is on the way...
This entry was posted on 3/25/2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On March 26, 2010 at 8:03 AM , Windybrook Spinner said...

Awesome Kate! A hobby is a very good thing, especially a useful, gentle domestic art like sewing.

 
On March 26, 2010 at 9:32 AM , Ariana said...

Is that the green dress you wore to Liz's reception and stuff? I thought it was gorgeous! Do you have any tricks for sewing knit on a non-serger? Every time I try, I end up with a disaster. I love sewing projects! So fun to create stuff and be able to look back and say HEY I made that!! :)

 
On March 26, 2010 at 12:36 PM , My Voice Marshfield said...

so cute!

 
On March 26, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Katie Fox said...

The dress turned out so cute! Great Job!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...