I just wanted to do a quick post to say how excited I am to be half way done with this pregnancy! Even though grieving has been tough lately, I am so excited for this baby to come!! I just wish that it was sooner... I feel like I've already been waiting forever...which I have. But I keep finding really fun fabric to make some baby blankies. All of my older ones are pretty worn and outdated. So that should keep me busy sewing for the next few months.
Now if you didn't notice a few weeks ago, we found out that we're having a boy. It has been a tough and confusing time since then because I really wanted another girl...everyone is different in their grief, and I felt that a girl would help me to heal. BUT...after a few weeks of getting used to the idea that a girl won't be part of our family yet I am now getting quite EXCITED to have another boy. I like that Elsa will always have her separate and special place in our family...as my friend who has been through something similar has pointed out. And I am not the kind of girl who wanted a house full of girls...nope. I would much rather have a house full of boys than a house full of girls. I have always wanted boys more than girls...because I grew up in a house full of girls, and no offense to my mom and sisters because I love them all now...but girls are drama and hormones and complications. And Brent and I do boys really well! That's not to say that I don't ever want a girl...1 would be nice. But if I don't ever have another one, I know life will still be good. In fact, I am kind of starting to think that I want to have another boy pretty quick after this little boy...so they can be buddies and share a room. I LOVE that Joshua and Toby have that with each other, and I would want that for this baby too. Brent and I have never decided how many kids we want to have...so, who knows? We kind of take it one at a time. And after loosing Elsa, I am feeling like I want a whole house full! And our boys are so good and sweet...and I am healthy and strong...
Well, anyway...here's to a great 20 more weeks of gestation!
Our Dancing Queen
2 weeks ago









2 comments:
I love you Kate. I can just see you kicking around with a house full of boys. It makes me smile.
I'm so happy that you're past the halfway point! That baby will be here before I know it (but not so much for you!!) Also wanted to say that if you notice on your traffic feed that I stalk your blog all the time, it's because I open it up to listen to the music (I like your taste in music!)