I loved watching our churches general conference this last weekend. The messages were all so comforting and uplifting. You can go here to listen or watch. My favorite was from President Uchtdorf in the Saturday morning session, because it was all about love which was what I had been thinking about already.
We were really lucky to have a visitor with us on Saturday through Monday. Out of the blue, a friend that I worked with at Brighton Camp back in 1998 sent me a message on Facebook asking if she could stay with us for a couple of nights. She bought a ticket from Jet Blue that lets you travel anywhere they fly within a months time, so she has been touring the United States. How fun! It was awesome to watch conference with her, stay up late catching up, and hiking today. My little boys just loved her. She played with them to their hearts content. Anyway, here are some pictures from our hike today:
Horsetail Falls, Oneonta Gorge and Triple Falls
Toby, Cookie and I at the bottom of Lower Horsetail Falls
sitting in a hollow tree
upper horsetail falls
another lovely fall that you can hike behind
we hiked behind the fall and entered a wood where the sun shining through the trees took my breath away
Cookie and Toby with the Colombia River in the background
we ended our little hike at the bridge which crosses Oneonta Gorge over Triple Falls
One of the three Triple Falls
Gorgeous Day!
We rushed Cookie to the airport just in time for her to catch her flight to her next city!









2 comments:
Fun!! Aaah I miss Oregon and the green. Did you go to Silver Falls SP? (if now, where did you see so many waterfalls in such a short time?)
So fun! I never knew Cookie, but I sure like her camp name:). Looks like you had a great time! Those are beautiful waterfalls!