celebrating BRENT!
10/01/2009 | Author: jefferies

Yesterday was Brent's birthday.  It was lucky that he had the day off, unfortunately the weather did not cooperate for canoing.  Instead we went to Larch Mountain in the Colombia River Gorge and hiked out to Sherrard Point.  It is a hike across the lip of an old volcanic caldera, which has, I am sure, an amazing view when it is not swallowed up by clouds.  Due to the weather, we had our picnic in the back of our car after our hike. 

It was a very misty day in the forest


 

a few autumn leaves
 
The 'stairway to heaven'


emerging at the top, into a cloud


 
 
there were cliffs all around...and we couldn't see how far up we were.  It felt like we were on a mountain top floating on a cloud.


 
 
 
Sherrard Point


 
Eating birthday pumpkin pie in the back of our car!



 
this is me, trying to be in my 'happy place'



Truly Brent, you are the best husband and my best friend.  I hope that we share many good memories together in the upcoming year.  I LOVE you!
This entry was posted on 10/01/2009 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On October 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM , Ariana said...

Glad Brent had a good, though foggy, birthday! I miss foggy forests. Your pumpkin pie inspired me...I made one this afternoon. It is cooling in the freezer because I am impatient! :)

 
On October 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM , Rebecca and Nick said...

You guys are lucky. I wish I could go on a beautiful hike like that anytime I wanted. It's just a matter of time. Looks like you guys had fun! Hope your birthday was great, Brent! Love you guys!

 
On October 7, 2009 at 6:40 PM , My Voice Marshfield said...

lovely! and i bet your hair and lashes were all misted over too.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...