i {heart} trees
10/02/2011 | Author: jefferies
...or days 2 & 3 of our vacation:
July 20 & 21:
The Northern California Redwoods!

Man I love trees in a big way!  My love for trees started young...before I knew any of the politics that accompany them.  Tree-hugger (I was literally one before I knew what it was), environmentalist, etc.  Can you blame a girl growing up in a neighborhood like this:
photo credits to the SL Tribune
  I grew up in the city, but I spent my spare time in the trees.  Climbing trees, dissecting seeds, collecting leaves, inspecting bark, climbing more trees, playing in trees, swinging from branches, trees, trees, trees...I think you get the picture. It's fair to say that one of the main reasons we choose to move to Oregon was for the amazing trees!

I love to share the wonder I have for trees with my kids.  And taking them to the Redwoods was a wonderful way to do just that!


After we left Crater Lake, we had dinner and stayed with friends in Grants Pass (thanks Connie and family!).  Then we drove the beautiful road between Oregon and the California coast...a beautiful thing in and of itself.  We spent two days hiking around through these magnificent old trees.  We camped at the Del Norte camp ground.
Enjoy our meanderings:














 favorite.




 snacking on bread








awesome Del Norte camp ground

 The next day we head south to see more forests:
 We saw this amazing whale swimming in the Klamath River...it was quite the spectacle!  Swimming back and forth under the bridge.  The poor thing was sick and didn't live too much longer.  

 When you have two cameras going at the same time, you can take 1 picture of me getting down low to take a picture from this angle:













playing inside a tree

banana slug crossing!
This entry was posted on 10/02/2011 and is filed under , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On October 6, 2011 at 7:20 AM , ann white said...

LOVE the tree pictures!!! Great job. We want to go there sometime! :)

 
On October 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM , jefferies said...

Thanks!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...