oliver's pancaking first birthday!!
10/20/2011 | Author: jefferies
8/9/10, one year later...our baby turned 1!!! And because first birthdays {equal} pancakes, we invited the whole world to join us in eating pancakes for dinner!  And we invited everyone within driving distance to join us at our house to share in our stack of pancaking love.  We had a good lot of family and friends join us for the occasion, and everyone ate pancakes and birthday cake to their hearts content.  We requested no gifts {we want to be like hobbits and give away gifts on our birthdays}, but a few people brought some anyway!  Thanks everyone...because your presence was a gift!
 I hurried and whipped together this birthday shirt and hat for the little birthday man, and we took a few pictures:
 ah!  the many cute faces of our baby and oh! how we love him! 



 pancaking!


 Ollie with one of our party guests
 more pancake love!
{kumut pancakes}

 singing happy birthday!
...and devouring the caramel apple cake.  Yum, I must say.
{am I the only one who refuses to put food color on my cakes? :-}
 enjoying his first birthday cake!


 CAKE FACE!


 PRESENTS!

 Ollie's Aunty Lara and family brought him this CUTE kitty!  Lara knew how much Oliver loves kitties, and how he points to them and says 'mmm' in a high squeeky voice like a meow, and how he loves to pet them and bury his face in their soft fur.

 it's absolutely perfect and he has to have it in his crib whenever he is falling asleep.
 the brothies and I picked out this cute play set for Oliver, from all of us.

At one year Oliver:
~is crawling all over the place and getting into stuff, but not everything {quite curious}
~is pulling up to stand and cruising along furniture, but still not walking
~loves all animals, but especially kitties
~loves to play with cars and trucks
~is ticklish and fills our house with wonderful laughter
~loves to scream and shriek as loud as he can, especially when he wants to eat
~loves to eat
~can wave hello and bye-bye
~can give 'em fives
~loves to clap
~loves pat-a-cake and peek-a-boo
~can say da (dad), mama, cheese
~can find nose, mouth, teeth and tummy
~still loves his blanket and his pacifier
~loves to go for walks, jogs and hikes
~is our RAINBOW BABY, we all love him SO much!

This entry was posted on 10/20/2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

On October 20, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Windybrook Spinner said...

Definite "no" to food coloring in general, though I have put candy or sprinkles on there, which have food coloring in them, of course. My favorite is to put toys on there that they get to keep--Thomas on a kit kat train track, Tinkerbell fairies among spinkle flowers, etc. Birthdays are so much fun.

 
On October 20, 2011 at 8:00 PM , Kris said...

That shirt! I love it! And I am not much into food coloring except at birthdays. When a green light saber cake or pink princess cake is requested, I comply. :)

 
On October 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to your darling boy! Wish I had been there to share in the pancake love. xoxox

 
On October 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM , Emily said...

Time sure does fly by! Ollie is so squishy. I want to reach right in to the computer and squish his little cheeks. What a little bright spirit. I love him!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...